Followers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

"The Blind Side"

 “The Blind Side” is based on a true story. I watched this movie last Sunday, and it really touched me. The story of this movie is about 18 year old Black American Michael Oher who struggles with his life and his mother who became a drug addict after his father was murdered.
On a very cold freezing day, Michael who weighed about more than 300 pounds only wore a short T-shirt. On his way home, a wealthy American couple, Leigh Ann and Sean, saw him and invite him to their house, which they eventually adopted. They treated him like a biological son and provided a very good educational environment for him to be a good sportsman.
Michael grew up as the best high school football player, and he became one of the top players in the Baltimore Ravens.
Michael Moore tells the story about a person that overcomes his unhappy childhood memories. Ms. Leigh Ann`s role played by Sandra Block, plays a mother who supports and gives a lot of love regardless of their race.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I would like to watch this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that movie a while back. I felt so touched because the movie was so wonderful by bringing out the positive sides towards adoption children. Just show others we care and appreciate them can bring a smile to a strange face and also give them the same chance to dream for a better life. “The Blind Side” is definitely a movie worth watching since I believe that the movie carried a positive attitude. At the same time, the movie made me realize that people can be a family regardless they are related by blood or not. At the end of the day, it is all about love and support for each other.

    It is a wonderful thing that there are so many people who are willing to bring unknown children to their life and give them home and hopes by treating them as one of their own. sometime, it is a good thing that we have the opportunities to give back to the community the best way we can. It is amazing today how people are able be use a true story and make it to a movie because of the high technology and yet still capture audiences emotions.

    You did a wonderful job describe the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you did an amazing job describing the movie. I cried throughout the whole movie; it was very emotional for me since I have two boys. I could only think about them while watchig Michael go through all the struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched this movie multiple times! I think is just a reminder of how certain people are willing to help others in need. I do admire very much Michael, and his optimism to continue with his life and future plans.

    ReplyDelete