Followers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Tiger Mom

One of this year’s acclaimed books on education is the “Tiger Mom”. It is a memoir on strict and harsh parenting written by a law school professor, Amy Chua.
I think hard-hitting parenting gives a fairly good outcome of reaching a kid’s greatest aptitude.
However, in order to be a Tiger Mom, you must have a Tiger Kid who makes a commitment to follow a rigorous discipline, and never cross the boundaries of a  tiger mom.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen the author on some news programs. I'm glad I'm not her kid -- she's crazy strict. Her own children will probably resent her later in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice concept of Tiger mom she who maintains the discipline, but I tend to be doubtful that If both are tiger or become tiger how it works?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... Not everyone sees the book as a positive one. So I would not say "acclaimed," I would say "contoversial." Do kids whose mothers are tiger moms develop the social skills necessary to survive in society?

    I found the Tiger Mom's practices to be unacceptable FOR ME. But at least, she spearheaded a good discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiger parenting is not for me either . . .I mean, who's going to pay for the kid's therapy later in love? Although, maybe the poor tiger is being mis-represented and maligned in all this. Who's to say that tigers aren't loving, nurturing parents?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree, poor Tiger! What did the Tiger ever do to deserve all this bashing..?
    I must say that Social skills are necessary tools kids must have in order to navigate the social waters of the their lives.

    ReplyDelete